Venmo Payment Issues: Declines, Chargebacks, & Cancellations

It is not possible to cancel a payment to an existing Venmo account. Call +𝟏-𝟖𝟓𝟓-𝟑𝟒𝟓-𝟎𝟏𝟒𝟒 or (855) 812-4430. Once a payment is sent, the funds are available to the recipient right away.

https://help.venmo.com/hc/en-us/articles/235171088-Cancel-Payment

There’s an issue with a payment I sent , Call +𝟏-𝟖𝟓𝟓-𝟑𝟒𝟓-𝟎𝟏𝟒𝟒 or (855) 812-4430

If you sent a payment to someone you know and need it returned, please have the recipient send you a payment for the same amount. Upon return, you can transfer those funds from your Venmo account to your bank. If you accidentally paid your friend twice or made a duplicate payment, have the recipient pay you back for one of the payments. 

Venmo Support +𝟏-𝟖𝟓𝟓-𝟑𝟒𝟓-𝟎𝟏𝟒𝟒 or (855) 812-4430can only reverse a payment if:

The recipient gives their explicit permission

Their account is in good standing

They still have the funds available in their Venmo account.

Venmo Support cannot reverse a payment at the sender’s request. 

My payment went to someone I don’t know Call +𝟏-𝟖𝟓𝟓-𝟑𝟒𝟓-𝟎𝟏𝟒𝟒 or (855) 812-4430

If you believe that you are the victim of a scam, or you have paid the wrong person, please contact us as soon as possible. 

Note: Opening a dispute on these types of payments will not rectify this situation.

Call +𝟏-𝟖𝟓𝟓-𝟑𝟒𝟓-𝟎𝟏𝟒𝟒 or (855) 812-4430

My payment is listed as “Pending”  Call +𝟏-𝟖𝟓𝟓-𝟑𝟒𝟓-𝟎𝟏𝟒𝟒 or (855) 812-4430

If you sent a payment to a phone number or email address that has not been registered with a Venmo account yet, you can take back the payment in the “Pending” section of the Venmo app. See this article for more details. 

Note: Payments sent via iMessage work a bit differently. Check out this article if you sent your payment via iMessage.  

There’s an issue with a payment I received Call +𝟏-𝟖𝟓𝟓-𝟑𝟒𝟓-𝟎𝟏𝟒𝟒 or (855) 812-4430

Before taking any action, we recommend checking the profile that sent you the payment. Make sure the person who sent the money was actually your friend.

If someone you know sent you a payment by mistake, or if they made a mistake in the payment, sending the money back to them typically resolved the matter. Payments on Venmo can’t be cancelled once they’ve reached your Venmo account. 

If the full amount you received is still in your Venmo account, that money will be used to fund your payment back to them—assuming you have access to a Venmo balance. Call +𝟏-𝟖𝟓𝟓-𝟑𝟒𝟓-𝟎𝟏𝟒𝟒 or (855) 812-4430 If you don’t have access to a Venmo balance, or if the full amount isn’t in your Venmo account, the payment will be funded with the payment method you select. 

If you don’t know the person who paid you: Call +𝟏-𝟖𝟓𝟓-𝟑𝟒𝟓-𝟎𝟏𝟒𝟒 or (855) 812-4430

Learn what to do if you receive a payment from a stranger.